Origin & History of Shree Satya Sai Vidyalaya
Late Her Highness, Rajmata Saheba loved children. She had a vision; a dream of a school bearing Shree Satya Sai Baba’s name in Jamnagar, for the children whose welfare and progress meant so much to her.
The Realization of a Dream
In 1975, Late Her Highness, Rajmata Saheba made this dream a reality by starting a Play School which she hoped, would develop into an educational institution imparting holistic learning. The present Main Building of the Vidyalaya was inaugurated in 1982 by Shree Satya Sai Baba. By this time, the Play School had evolved into a full-fledged Gujarati Medium Secondary School with 600 students.
In 1994, His Highness the Jamsaheb – Shree Shatrushalyasinhji took over the Management of the Educational and Charitable Trusts. There has been no looking back since.
In 1994, they were 1010 children in the Pre Primary, Primary and Secondary divisions of the Vidyalaya with a staff of thirty teachers.
In 1997, the Jamsaheb introduced a unique and successful system whereby every division – Pre Primary, Primary, Secondary and Higher Secondary would have a Head Teacher (Acharya) with academic responsibility in his or her respective division. In the same year, the first batch of Lower Kindergarten was also introduced in the English medium.
At the same time, the Gujarati Medium Higher Secondary General Stream was introduced and the first Higher Secondary Batch passed out with flying colours in 1998. Since then, the Vidyalaya has produced excellent results every year. The Gujarati Medium Science Stream was started in the year 2000 with the First Batch passing out successfully in 2002. The English Medium Science and General Streams were started in the year 2004.
Both the Gujarati and English medium now have the Science & General streams and have produced results comparable to the best in Gujarat with ranks in the Top Ten of the District every year and even in the Gujarat State. In keeping with the IT age, our students have performed outstandingly, especially in Computer Science and Technology.
In 1998, the Rural Development Educational Programme was started by introducing a fully subsidised Pre-primary and Primary School at Shree Ranjit Farm in Nava Mokhana in Jamnagar district. Presently, there are about 431 students, with 14 teachers.
Today, the Vidyalaya has 1010 children in the Premalaya (Pre - Primary School) with 32 teachers and the Vidyalaya (Primary, Secondary & Higher Secondary School) stands at 7,500 students, with 310 teachers.